It feels like it's been forever! Between eating good food and laughing endlessly with Chelsey up until about noon yesterday and then hitting the books hard for an exam on Thursday it's been full days. There is always time for good food though. Always.
Sunday for Superbowl Sunday and after the hike we went to Islands for dinner. It was us and two other couples in the whole restaurant so it was fun! I got the Turkey burger with roasted peppers and aioli on wheat bread with a side of veggies. Their burgers are the best!
Afterwards Chelsey made her infmaous drink, Venetian Sunset. It is to die for!
What was for breakfast this weekend every single day? My new favorite Half-Baked Oatmeal. Half baked because I do not generally have 45 minutes in the morning to wait for breakfast. I'm usually either A. way too hungry or B. time is of essence. Not to mention it is the best tasting breakfast in a while!
Strawberry-Banana Half Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. egg whites
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 packet purevia
- 1 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter'
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 banana sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2.In a small saucepan over medium heat add; oats, almond milk/water (could use one or the other entirely), egg whites, salt, cinnamon and purevia. Cook until thickened.
3. In a small oven-proof bowl or ramekin layer bottom of lighly greased bowl, with some banana slices.
4. In a different bowl add cooked oats and remaining ingredients then transfer to banana slice bowl.
5. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Add toppings such as syrup and peanut butter.
Have a good day!