This morning even though we had leftover baked chocolate chip oatmeal from last night's "chocolate fix" I wanted vanilla. Life is about balance right? Sure.
I found vanilla things in my kitchen and got to mixing. There were 3 ingredients that were vanilla. That made it easy. The results were sweet, vanilla flavored, satisfying Oatmeal!
Vanilla Banana Oatmeal
- 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 purevia packet
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 3 Tbsp. egg whites (optional)
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Coffee-mate French Vanilla creamer
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. In a small saucepan place in; almond milk, water, vanilla extract, purevia, cinnamon, salt and egg whites. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat.
2. Stir in oats and continue to stir at least every minute.
3. Leave over heat until thickened (about 3-4 minutes).
4. When thickened add in sliced bananas and transfer to a single-serve bowl.
5. Once in bowl stir in creamer and top with brown sugar.
As for the rest of the day, I'll be setting up shop at Barnes and Noble paired with a Blonde roast. Thereafter, a workout and dinner of something I haven't had in forever! I love old-new recipes. Ones that go way back but it's been so long I almost forgot what they taste like.
What does your Saturday look like?
Do you prefer Chocolate or vanilla?
See you later!