They are ooey, chewy, addictive, delicious, not full of sugar but taste like it and affordable but better than the expensive ones. As well as adaptable to your preferences of if you're like me and have a lot of preferences you can add all your favorites!
Sit Tight Granola Bars
Makes 12-14 granola bars
- 2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. crushed almonds
- 1/2 c. wheat germ
- 1/2 c. sugar free syrup
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. raisins, other dried fruit or chocolate chips
- Grease a 9 by 9 in. glass baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and wheat germ onto a baking sheet and place in heated oven for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine in a medium saucepan over medium heat; brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, salt, honey and syrup. Cook until brown sugar is dissolved into mixture.
- Once the oat mixture is done baking, remove and decrease oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture and add in fruit and/or chocolate chips.
- Put mixture into baking dish by pressing it down.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled place in fridge for at least an hour (I did overnight).
- Remove from fridge and cut into 16 sections.
- Enjoy! They are good in the fridge for a week. (They should be stored in the fridge)