All this lifting has made me hungry which means making good food. I have been wanting chili for a coon's age now and couldn't find the perfect time to make it. Yesterday was that perfect day though! At any rate, I'd highly suggest you make this chili since it only takes about 45 minutes from prepping to eating and is absolutely, mouth-watering and delicious!
Jam Packed Turkey Chili
- olive oil
- 1-1.25 pounds of ground turkey
- onion, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (16 oz) can of kidney beans, drained-rinsed-mashed
- 1 c. brocooli florets broken into bite size pieces
- 1/4 c. corn (if desired)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- garlic salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- optional topping:
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat and add turkey. Cook turkey until brown and add onions. Cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
I can not express how flavorful it was. The broccoli really absorbed the flavor and melted in your mouth mixed with the other ingredients.
I hope you have a wonderful MLK Monday!