This morning I had ideas. Ideas to get rid of all the stuff in my fridge which on Mondays is not much at all since that is grocery shopping day around here. Of to go list, Strawberries took the hat for breakfast. I found a recipe from Martha Stewart, herself and knew it would deliver!
Glazed Strawberry Oats
adapted from Marthastewart.com
- 4 ripe strawberries, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1 packet purevia (or sweetener or choice)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Optional toppings:
- Sugar free syrup
- Peanut Butter (highly recommend)
- Place rinsed and sliced Strawberries in a bowl with brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Stir occasionally until thick and creamy (about 5 minutes).
4.Place in bowl and top with strawberries (which will have formed a a glaze with the brown sugar).
5. Add additional toppings or eat as is and Enjoy!
Indeed Martha's magic worked again.
Have a magnificent Monday!