This morning I am still using up the pumpkin in my fridge and by golly it is still good for at least another recipe or two. I made this Pumpkin-Banana Oatmeal. Instead of water I subbed half almond milk/ half water just for the boost of calcium and subbed Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to sprinkle on top. I also still have this Banana bread so decided to toss some of it on top.
As for last night's dinner, we made meat and potatoes. Not like that though. It was Red-skin mashed potatoes without a boat load of butter and with chicken sausage. Andrew loved it. So did I.
Fluffy Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds of red skin mashed potatoes
- 1/4 c. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1/4 c. light cottage cheese (or regular)
- 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk (or regular skim)
- 1 Tbsp. of light sour cream (or regular)
- 1 Tbsp. light miracle whip
- 2 tsp. jarred garlic (or clove)
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- several dashes of garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Meanwhile rinse potatoes and cut into quartered sections leaving skin on.
- Add to boiling water
- Cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pan and place ingredients in pan, mashing all together.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
I can't wait to also share the sausage and gravy recipe with you later this week. For now I am off to the gym for some livefit training!
Have a great day of a new week and see ya later!